Installation

Error while installing Splunk Enterprise security

Prakhar_shukla
Path Finder

i have installed the ES app in one of the splunk instance and i am getting the following error message in web-

Unable to initialize modular input "ess_content_importer" defined inside the app "SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite": Introspecting scheme=ess_content_importer: script running failed (exited with code 1).

please help out to fix the issue.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Prakhar_shukla
Path Finder

it seems the errors are coming due to compatibility mismatch between splunk enterprise version and Enterprise security apps version that i have installed.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

alekszubr
Engager

I installed Splunk Enterprise with sale trial licence. After I installed Enterprise Security and take error: Unable to initialize modular input "ess_content_importer" defined inside the app "SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite": Introspecting scheme=ess_content_importer: script running failed (exited with code 1).

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@alekszubr, You're adding on to a year-old thread that has an accepted answer. For better chances at a helpful response, please post a new question describing your problem.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

Prakhar_shukla
Path Finder

it seems the errors are coming due to compatibility mismatch between splunk enterprise version and Enterprise security apps version that i have installed.

0 Karma

Prakhar_shukla
Path Finder

Error in log-

04-20-2017 12:16:27.454 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Introspecting scheme=app_permissions_manager: script running failed (exited with code 1).
04-20-2017 12:16:27.455 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "app_permissions_manager" defined inside the app "SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite": Introspecting scheme=app_permissions_
manager: script running failed (exited with code 1).
04-20-2017 12:16:27.660 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Introspecting scheme=es_deployment_manager: script running failed (exited with code 1).
04-20-2017 12:16:27.660 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "es_deployment_manager" defined inside the app "SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite": Introspecting scheme=es_deployment_mana
ger: script running failed (exited with code 1).
04-20-2017 12:16:27.867 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Introspecting scheme=ess_content_importer: script running failed (exited with code 1).
04-20-2017 12:16:27.867 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "ess_content_importer" defined inside the app "SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite": Introspecting scheme=ess_content_importe
r: script running failed (exited with code 1).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...