Installation

Error while installing Splunk Enterprise security

Prakhar_shukla
Path Finder

i have installed the ES app in one of the splunk instance and i am getting the following error message in web-

Unable to initialize modular input "ess_content_importer" defined inside the app "SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite": Introspecting scheme=ess_content_importer: script running failed (exited with code 1).

please help out to fix the issue.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Prakhar_shukla
Path Finder

it seems the errors are coming due to compatibility mismatch between splunk enterprise version and Enterprise security apps version that i have installed.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

alekszubr
Engager

I installed Splunk Enterprise with sale trial licence. After I installed Enterprise Security and take error: Unable to initialize modular input "ess_content_importer" defined inside the app "SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite": Introspecting scheme=ess_content_importer: script running failed (exited with code 1).

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@alekszubr, You're adding on to a year-old thread that has an accepted answer. For better chances at a helpful response, please post a new question describing your problem.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

Prakhar_shukla
Path Finder

it seems the errors are coming due to compatibility mismatch between splunk enterprise version and Enterprise security apps version that i have installed.

0 Karma

Prakhar_shukla
Path Finder

Error in log-

04-20-2017 12:16:27.454 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Introspecting scheme=app_permissions_manager: script running failed (exited with code 1).
04-20-2017 12:16:27.455 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "app_permissions_manager" defined inside the app "SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite": Introspecting scheme=app_permissions_
manager: script running failed (exited with code 1).
04-20-2017 12:16:27.660 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Introspecting scheme=es_deployment_manager: script running failed (exited with code 1).
04-20-2017 12:16:27.660 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "es_deployment_manager" defined inside the app "SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite": Introspecting scheme=es_deployment_mana
ger: script running failed (exited with code 1).
04-20-2017 12:16:27.867 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Introspecting scheme=ess_content_importer: script running failed (exited with code 1).
04-20-2017 12:16:27.867 +0200 ERROR ModularInputs - Unable to initialize modular input "ess_content_importer" defined inside the app "SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite": Introspecting scheme=ess_content_importe
r: script running failed (exited with code 1).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...