I received this error in the Windows app after configuring the app and 4.1.2 upgrade.
When the app loads its default landing page (/en-US/app/windows/dashboard) this error shows up right away:
"Invalid latest_time: latest_time must be after earliest_time."
Please advise V
I found a clue to the problem here with Splunk 4.1 Beta.
"Unsorted issues" Zooming in too far displays an error "invalid latest_time: latest_time must be after earliest time". (SPL-27935)
Hoping this may shed some light on the subject. Please advise
Does this occur after you zoom in repeatedly? Does the error occur on ly in a particular browser? If so, which browser?
Have you filed a support ticket on this and provided a splunk-diag?
It occurs in Firefox, and IE 8.0. These are the only 2 browsers I use. I have submitted a support case with Splunk-diag however it wqs for another indexing issue. Once I can solve that riddle, I will open a new case for this one.
Thanks for your help!
I noticed that the Windows app on a LWF I recently ugraded was newer/cooler then the Windows app on my Linux main indexer, also upgraded. I downloaded a later version of the Windows app from the Splunk Apps portal.
Yeah, currently the app for the other platform (windows/unix) isn't kept up to date for you automatically. You can track the release on splunk-base.
don't forget to accept an answer to questions you post (if there is a good answer, that is) even if you post the answer yourself 🙂