Installation

Download link for Splunk 6.6.0

km1986
Path Finder

Hello All,

I was looking for download link for Splunk enterprise 6.6.1 but it appears it is not listed here  https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/previous-releases.html#tabs/linux . Is there any other download link available?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/Where-did-the-download-links-for-wget-go-on-splunk-com/...

Hi @km1986 .. on this post, you can make up the wget command for the required version..

if it fails, then, on the downloads page, you will see a contact support link.. you should contact Splunk guys only. thanks.

View solution in original post

km1986
Path Finder

Thanks @richgalloway , @inventsekar . I contacted Splunk support and they were able to provide me the download link.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
If the link can be shared then please do so in case others have the same question.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

km1986
Path Finder

It is a temporary google drive link. If it  benefits others, the engineer also mentioned that for older releases which are not supported, a splunk support ticket is necessary.

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Great @km1986 .. as the issue is resolved, could you please accept as the solution. 

so that the question will be moved from unanswered to solved. thanks!

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/Where-did-the-download-links-for-wget-go-on-splunk-com/...

Hi @km1986 .. on this post, you can make up the wget command for the required version..

if it fails, then, on the downloads page, you will see a contact support link.. you should contact Splunk guys only. thanks.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's not listed because it's not supported.  You may be able to get it by replacing the version number in another link with the desired version.

---

km1986
Path Finder
Thanks @richgalloway . So I need to upgrade from v6.4.2 to v7.3.1.1 and the docs state I need to first go to the intermediate version 6.6.x.  I tried doing what you suggested but it looks like there is no download URL where I might be able to change the version to get the one that I'm looking for.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Here we see the important of staying current on software releases.

Try upgrading directly to 7.3.1.  If that doesn't work, try the lowest available release and then go to 7.3.1.

---
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...