Installation

Does kvstore upgrade from 8.0 to 8.2 needs to be done on the cluster master?

ggvaca
Explorer

Hello,

I am upgrading our splunk instance from 8.0 to 8.2. I noticed after following the kvstore upgrade which followed the upgrade to 8.2, which I did on our cluster heads, and they all have WiredTiger on them now. 

ggvaca_0-1656014421957.png

Logging into our cluster master, I get an error saying I need to upgrade the kvstore. This comes up like 30+ minutes after the upgrade. I look at the cluster master and run the same command for the kvstore status, and it says that it has the old kvstore on it still.

ggvaca_1-1656014531361.png
Am I supposed to be going onto each box and upgrading the kvstore on them? The instructions said the search heads and so that's what I followed. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You don't need to upgrade the KVStore on all instances.  Indexers, for example, do not use KVStore.  The CM, however, might so it makes sense to upgrade it there.  You'll likely also need to upgrade it on your MC node.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You don't need to upgrade the KVStore on all instances.  Indexers, for example, do not use KVStore.  The CM, however, might so it makes sense to upgrade it there.  You'll likely also need to upgrade it on your MC node.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...