Installation

Do I need to cancel my Splunk Cloud Free Trial license after 15 days, and do I get charged the 5GB/month fee if I don't cancel manually?

horsefez
Motivator

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Splunk Cloud free trial license.

Do I need to cancel my Splunk Coud free trial license after 15 days?
Do I get charged the 5GB/monthly fee if I do not cancel the free trial manually?

I ask this, because this sentence on the FREE SPLUNK site worries me a bit:

By selecting the subscription plan, you authorize Splunk to automatically renew your license and to charge the renewal price above on a recurring basis using the payment information you provided for your initial purchase, until you decide to cancel.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

So far as I know, the Cloud trial does not even have a place to ask for a Credit Card so there isn't even a facility to attempt to do this.
More specifically, I have had a dozen or so cloud trials and they just expire and Splunk sends an email telling you that this has happened and giving you a link to re-initiate (of course, this resets all settings, etc. like a factory reset). I have never been asked about payment.

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

So far as I know, the Cloud trial does not even have a place to ask for a Credit Card so there isn't even a facility to attempt to do this.
More specifically, I have had a dozen or so cloud trials and they just expire and Splunk sends an email telling you that this has happened and giving you a link to re-initiate (of course, this resets all settings, etc. like a factory reset). I have never been asked about payment.

bittin_
Engager

Thanks 🙂

0 Karma

horsefez
Motivator

Thank you!

0 Karma

horsefez
Motivator

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...