Installation

Delay Beginning of Enterprise Trial License?

diligentpenguin
Explorer

Hi,

I'm wanting to setup Splunk in a home lab for testing and learning purposes. Seeing that I'm so new, and that the enterprise trial license lasts for only 60 days, is it possible to start with the free license while I'm trying to learn the basics and then turn on the trial license later when I'll be able to make better use of it?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Pretty sure you can't do that. You *can*, however, go to dev.splunk.com and request a developer license that will last a year.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Pretty sure you can't do that. You *can*, however, go to dev.splunk.com and request a developer license that will last a year.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

diligentpenguin
Explorer

Hi Rich. I very much appreciate the suggestion. I requested the developer license on Thursday and still haven't heard back. I will also add that it looks like developer licenses are good for only half a year, not a full year. I'll keep my fingers crossed. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...