Installation

Crawl command - lead to License Warning !

chimbudp
Contributor

I am using Master Slave License implementation.
I have created license pool named "Indexers",where i have pointed all indexers , search head to it.
Yesterday , i tried using Crawl Command , which included some files for indexing and by default many source types are created and got indexed in "NULL" pool.
Because of this i exceeded the license limit and received 1 warning.

I executed Crawl command from a Search head which points to "Indexers" license pool.
Data got indexed in "main" index.
Then,why the data fall under NULL pool?
By default main index also , should fall within the "Indexers" license pool , right ?

Please help me in understanding this....

0 Karma
1 Solution

chimbudp
Contributor

the current indexer doesn't fall under the license pool. hence , lead to license Warning.
but, still the Warning banners on the dashboard can be made accurate , as per the reason.

Then , it will be easy to troubleshoot...! anyway resolved my license Warning issue

View solution in original post

0 Karma

chimbudp
Contributor

the current indexer doesn't fall under the license pool. hence , lead to license Warning.
but, still the Warning banners on the dashboard can be made accurate , as per the reason.

Then , it will be easy to troubleshoot...! anyway resolved my license Warning issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...