Installation

Couldn't determine $SPLUNK_HOME or $SPLUNK_ETC;

syloee
Explorer

hi everyone

i installed splunk after delete splunk 

i go /splunk/bin and ./splunk start

i see error message "ERROR: Couldn't determine $SPLUNK_HOME or $SPLUNK_ETC; perhaps one should be set in environment"

how i can do?

thank you very much!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@syloee you could try setting splunk_home variable as advised here - https://community.splunk.com/t5/Deployment-Architecture/Where-is-splunk-installed-on-Linux/m-p/12313...

--

An upvote would be appreciated and accept solution if it helps!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

Please mark one of the answers as valid in order to help future users.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

syloee
Explorer

thank you

0 Karma

codebuilder
Influencer

Did you re-install Splunk as the root user? If so, the directory permissions might be off.

Assuming you are running Splunk as the splunk user, try using chown -RP splunk:splunk /opt/splunk

You can additionally modify $SPLUNK_HOME in /opt/splunk/etc/splunk-launch.conf (assuming you installed on Linux to the default directory).

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

syloee
Explorer

thank you very much

0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@syloee you could try setting splunk_home variable as advised here - https://community.splunk.com/t5/Deployment-Architecture/Where-is-splunk-installed-on-Linux/m-p/12313...

--

An upvote would be appreciated and accept solution if it helps!

0 Karma

syloee
Explorer

thank you very much!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...