Installation

Check Access Role of Indexes

SplunkDash
Builder

Hello,

How would I check the access role for indexes from web console layer? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Roy99
Builder

Yes you can and add/remove indexes tied to that role incase if you have admin access.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Roy99
Builder

Yes @SplunkDash  if you have admin privileges you can find it in the UI by going to settings- Roles- under roles you can find capabilities, indexes, restrictions and resourced tied to that role.

Hope this helps

0 Karma

SplunkDash
Builder

Hi Roy99,

Thank you so much for your response., yes you are correct, appreciate it. Just a couple of questions related to that:  can I take a print of that? and can I change the access role of indexes from that option?

0 Karma

Roy99
Builder

Yes you can and add/remove indexes tied to that role incase if you have admin access.

Hope this helps.

0 Karma

johnhua
Builder

| rest /services/authorization/roles

0 Karma

SplunkDash
Builder

Hello, thank you so much for your response, it's working and provide a comprehensive access role feature. But my interest is to have a list of indexes within the SPLUNK, and their access role types. Is there anything we have from the SPLUNK console layer to get that?  Thank you again.

0 Karma
*NEW* Splunk Love Promo!
Snag a $25 Visa Gift Card for Giving Your Review!

It's another Splunk Love Special! For a limited time, you can review one of our select Splunk products through Gartner Peer Insights and receive a $25 Visa gift card!

Review:

Or Learn More in Our Blog >>