Installation

Check Access Role of Indexes

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

How would I check the access role for indexes from web console layer? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Roy_9
Motivator

Yes you can and add/remove indexes tied to that role incase if you have admin access.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Yes @SplunkDash  if you have admin privileges you can find it in the UI by going to settings- Roles- under roles you can find capabilities, indexes, restrictions and resourced tied to that role.

Hope this helps

0 Karma

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hi Roy99,

Thank you so much for your response., yes you are correct, appreciate it. Just a couple of questions related to that:  can I take a print of that? and can I change the access role of indexes from that option?

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Yes you can and add/remove indexes tied to that role incase if you have admin access.

Hope this helps.

0 Karma

johnhuang
Motivator

| rest /services/authorization/roles

0 Karma

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello, thank you so much for your response, it's working and provide a comprehensive access role feature. But my interest is to have a list of indexes within the SPLUNK, and their access role types. Is there anything we have from the SPLUNK console layer to get that?  Thank you again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...