Installation

Check Access Role of Indexes

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

How would I check the access role for indexes from web console layer? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Roy_9
Motivator

Yes you can and add/remove indexes tied to that role incase if you have admin access.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Yes @SplunkDash  if you have admin privileges you can find it in the UI by going to settings- Roles- under roles you can find capabilities, indexes, restrictions and resourced tied to that role.

Hope this helps

0 Karma

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hi Roy99,

Thank you so much for your response., yes you are correct, appreciate it. Just a couple of questions related to that:  can I take a print of that? and can I change the access role of indexes from that option?

0 Karma

Roy_9
Motivator

Yes you can and add/remove indexes tied to that role incase if you have admin access.

Hope this helps.

0 Karma

johnhuang
Motivator

| rest /services/authorization/roles

0 Karma

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello, thank you so much for your response, it's working and provide a comprehensive access role feature. But my interest is to have a list of indexes within the SPLUNK, and their access role types. Is there anything we have from the SPLUNK console layer to get that?  Thank you again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...