Installation

Cannot restored the archived data

gchauhan
Engager

Hello All,

I have 3 indexer in cluster and data is being stored in the NAS server. and for one server data is stored in cold logs on a mounted storage.

I have copied the data from NAS to 2 server , the one with mounted point is giving me a duplicate error and I am not able to see data copied in the /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/accessdb/thaweddb/ is marked as diabled due to conflict.

I have tried multiple commands to rebuild the Splunk db in all the indexers. and I am getting error as attached screenshots

@ivanreis @lmyrefelt @kmorris_splunk @Masa @jkat54 @493669 @mayurr98 

Labels (4)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Super Champion

@gchauhan ,

haw a 4.2+ archive *nix users

Here is an example of safely restoring a 4.2+ archive bucket to thawed:

1. Copy your archive bucket into the thawed directory:

cp -r db_1181756465_1162600547_1001 $SPLUNK_HOME/var/lib/splunk/defaultdb/thaweddb

Note: The bucket id cannot conflict with any other bucket in the index. This example assumes that the bucket id '1001' is unique for the index. If it isn't, choose some other, non-conflicting bucket ID.

2. Execute the splunk rebuild command on the archive bucket to rebuild the indexes and associated files:

splunk rebuild $SPLUNK_HOME/var/lib/splunk/defaultdb/thaweddb/db_1181756465_1162600547_1001

3. Restart the indexer:

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Hi
Please try just to use access not index=access when you are restoring the bucket.
r. Ismo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...