Installation

Cannot download plugins , credentials not accepted , but I can log in splunk.com with the same credentials

jvarcaba

I am following snort + splunk installation tutorial - find it here

Everything regarding splunk went as expected(installed and was able to login ), except the part where i have to add plugin.
The problem is that after asking for splunk.com credentials to install the particular plugin mentioned in tutorial, it returns that I have entered wrong credentials , but they work just fine cuz I can login in splunk.com
I am using a VM on google cloud. Could it be due to closed ports ?
Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Could you be more specific about where in the installation you have the problem? The link provided is to a 40-page document so it's difficult to know where the problem is.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

jvarcaba

I can not add plugins to my splunk.
I can log in, i can browse apps section, i can find Snort 3 JSON Alerts plugin, but I cannot install it - after I click "install" it asks for splunk.com credentials , I enter them ,but it keeps saying that they are incorrect , but they cannot be - I can log on to splunk.com if I open the page separately.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That doesn't answer my question.
Have you tried signing in to splunkbase directly, downloading the app to your workstation, and then using the "Install app from file" option?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...