Installation

Can we apply Splunk Light license on Splunk Enterprise?

pganesh

We purchased the Splunk light license but previously we are running with Splunk enterprise trial, it got expired and nothing was showing on the dashboard.

Now can we apply Splunk light license on Splunk enterprise so that our settings which were there earlier will be continued and no need to configure Splunk light?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

No, you can't apply Splunk Light License to Splunk Enterprise License
as per Splunk docs:
Purchase and install a Splunk Enterprise license to upgrade to Splunk Enterprise.
When you upgrade to Splunk Enterprise, your data, searches, alerts, knowledge objects, and settings migrate seamlessly. **If you have add-ons enabled, they remain active and appear in the Apps browser view of Splunk Enterprise.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkLight/7.1.2/Installation/Aboutlicensing

View solution in original post

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

No, you can't apply Splunk Light License to Splunk Enterprise License
as per Splunk docs:
Purchase and install a Splunk Enterprise license to upgrade to Splunk Enterprise.
When you upgrade to Splunk Enterprise, your data, searches, alerts, knowledge objects, and settings migrate seamlessly. **If you have add-ons enabled, they remain active and appear in the Apps browser view of Splunk Enterprise.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkLight/7.1.2/Installation/Aboutlicensing
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...