Installation

Can't search after upgrading from free trial (Splunk Light Cloud) -- "Your Splunk Light license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times"

darkstore

Hi, we just upgraded from our free trial of splunk light cloud. The upgrade completed yesterday, and since then, I get the following for every search:

alt text

I've checked our usage report and it does not look like that we have even come close to exceeding our data limit:

alt text

I've also tried restarting the system with no effect.

This is a very urgent issue for us. Please let me know what you need to diagnose the issue.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

khaynes_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You need to contact Splunk Support and request a "reset key" to reset your existing license violations to zero. The problem is that the previous license violations do not automatically clear out when you apply a new license. Without the reset key, the excessive violations will remain until they age out after 30 days.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...