Installation

Can I dynamically change a license pool name?

OldManEd
Builder

Can I dynamically change a license pool names?

We have 2 instances on Splunk running and all our search heads and indexers are set up as peers of each other. When I go to "Deployment Monitor" to review License Usage, unfortunately almost everything shows up as "auto_generated_pool_enterprise".

My question is can I dynamically edit this name to something else more descriptive?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Go to the license-manager, in the UI. settings > licensing > click on the name to edit, and change it.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Go to the license-manager, in the UI. settings > licensing > click on the name to edit, and change it.

0 Karma

OldManEd
Builder

Changing the name in the server.conf file and then running a restart on the license server worked. Thanks Yann.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

My bad, the description can be updated in the UI, but not the name.

• you could create a new pool and delete the default one.
    Reduce the initial pool size first (use the option specific amount), create the new one, transfer all the indexers, delete the old one, and finally allocate all the remaining license size to the new pool.

• or rename it in the configuration file of the license-master, then restart to apply.

If you look in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/server.conf
[lmpool:auto_generated_pool_enterprise]
please rename the stanza
[lmpool:this_is_my_renamed_pool]

0 Karma

OldManEd
Builder

OK, nothing is changing. Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Karma

OldManEd
Builder

Are you saying to change the entry in "Description"?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...