Installation

Build a distributed search environment with trial version?

splunk_user_99
Engager

Hello, i wanted to build a distributed search environment with splunk with the trial license.
But for example, every time i wanted to configure one of my two instances as search-peer, and after I put all my data in, I get a error message.
Nothing else come to me in mind why this should not work, except the trial license problem.

What do you think?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunk_user_99,
when you speak of Trial version, are you meaning the Splunk Enterprise version in the first 60 days or after?
because the trial version is a full feature version, instead after 60 days it becames a Free version that hasn't the Distributed Search feature enabled ( for more info see at https://www.splunk.com/en_us/software/features-comparison-chart.html ).
If you need to test a Splunk distributed environment, ask to your Channel Manager (if you're a Splunk Partner) or to you're Splunk sales to have a Trial Version.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @splunk_user_99,
when you speak of Trial version, are you meaning the Splunk Enterprise version in the first 60 days or after?
because the trial version is a full feature version, instead after 60 days it becames a Free version that hasn't the Distributed Search feature enabled ( for more info see at https://www.splunk.com/en_us/software/features-comparison-chart.html ).
If you need to test a Splunk distributed environment, ask to your Channel Manager (if you're a Splunk Partner) or to you're Splunk sales to have a Trial Version.

Ciao.
Giuseppe

splunk_user_99
Engager

Hello Giuseppe,

I have checked it through the link you have published, and I have seen that I have the Free Splunk version, where the distributed search feature is not supported. So I will need to ask for a new license.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the quick and helpful answer!

Best regards,
splunk_user_99

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...