Installation

App Browser: certificate verify failed

SplunkHead10
Explorer

Hi Community,

after installing Splunk everything seemed to work.
But after searching for Splunk Apps i get the following error in the app browser:
errror connecting: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed - please check the output of the `openssl verify` command for the certificates involved; note that if certificate verification is enabled (requireClientCert or sslVerifyServerCert set to "true"), the CA certificate and the server certificate should not have the same Common Name.. 

So I understand that there is a certificate error but I am not sure how to solve it. 

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

SplunkHead10
Explorer

I was able to solve the problem by editing the server.conf file under \Splunk\etc\system\default

[applicationsManagement]
sslVerifyServerCert = false

View solution in original post

SplunkHead10
Explorer

I was able to solve the problem by editing the server.conf file under \Splunk\etc\system\default

[applicationsManagement]
sslVerifyServerCert = false

splunkyj
Path Finder

@SplunkHead10 it might be a better idea to revert your changes from the default folder, and apply it to the local folder instead. If you have to update or restore default, your local settings will not be affected. I could be wrong, I'm still fairly new. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...