Installation

After upgrade to 6.6.1, one of my searches is not working as expected?

Hemnaath
Motivator

Hi All, I have used the below query to capture the splunk service status (Up or Down) via splunkd.log. After an upgrade to latest version this query is not working as expected, though we are getting the status update but the date_time field is left blank. In older version 6.2.1 we use to get the data in the date_time field. The date_time filed used to display data containing the earliest / latest time stamp of splunk service status, currently we are not getting it. Kindly let me know whether we need to modify the below query to fetch the date_time data.

index=_internal host=hp* OR host=vm* sourcetype=splunkd source="/opt/splunk/var/log/splunk/splunkd.log" "loader - Splunkd starting" OR "INFO  ShutdownHandler - Shutting down splunkd" | eval message=if((message="Shutting down splunkd"),"failure","success") | rename message as status |eval Date_Time= readabledate + " " + readabletime | sort host | table host Date_Time status

thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

You can get it from _time.

|eval Date_Time= readabledate + " " + readabletime

|eval Date_Time=strftime(_time,"%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

You can get it from _time.

|eval Date_Time= readabledate + " " + readabletime

|eval Date_Time=strftime(_time,"%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S")

0 Karma

Hemnaath
Motivator

thanks Hiroshisatoh its working now, but what is the difference between the two command "readabledate + " " + readabletime" and strftime /_time.

0 Karma

Hemnaath
Motivator

Hi All, Can any one guide me how to get Date_Time filed by using the above search query.

thanks in advance.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...