Installation

After installing a new license, how do we reset our license violation counter that is currently preventing searches?

elinblegen
Engager

Hi!

Our license expired, and while waiting for the new license, we had license violations every day.
After installing the new license, I didn't log in with the supplied username and password, but logged in with the regular admin credentials. I assume the supplied credentials would have reset the violation count, but the credentials are not working now. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the license, but no luck. Is there any way to reset the counter so that the search is working again?

The error message I am getting is

Error in 'litsearch' command. Your Splunk license expired or you have exceeded your license limit too many times'.

Regards,
Elin

Labels (1)

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The only way is to get a license reset from Splunk. There are 2 ways to get this:
1: Open a support case.
2: Call your Splunk Salesman.

Option #2 is usually way quicker than #1. If this is an emergency, DM me on slack.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
  1. Please make sure that your new license is enough to process the amount of data you have
  2. Add license to the correct license master
  3. Allocate the new license to the pool : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/Admin/Createalicensepool
  4. Check your license quota has reflected new license
  5. If this doesn't work, contact Splunk support and they can help get you back up and running
Happy Splunking!

justdan23
Path Finder

It doesn't clear out the violations. Ugh! It's holding my data hostage!

0 Karma

anthonymelita
Contributor

Follow Step 5 above. Contact Splunk Support and tell them you need a reset license to clear violation.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...