Installation

Adding License to existing license

wimbo
Engager

Hi Support,

If for example the existing user/client already have 10Gigs license and we want to extend the hardware/system architectures and add 100Gigs license

My Question:
1. How many license will be own by client, is it 100Gigs or 110Gigs license?
2. What is the procedure to generate license for this case?

Thanks
Wimbo

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

If you implement a License master/slave architecture, you can stack license files together to aggregate volume and create pools within that volume.

So you could stack a 100 Gb file and 10 Gb file and you'd have 110 Gb available to allocate to your license pools, and then pair indexers to a particular pool.Refer to Splunk docs for more details.

You may also wish to talk to Splunk sales for the most $$ efficient way of boosting volume.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...