Installation

Accidentally deleted auto_generated_pool, will there be any adverse effects?

Erilope
Explorer

Hello everyone, 

I was updating our licenses and I am still new to Splunk, so I accidentally deleted the auto_generated_pool. I recreated the pool to match the auto_generated_one, but I would just like to know if I might have broken anything or if there is anyway to get Splunk to generate another auto_generated_pool? I checked our indexers and I performed a few searches and it looks like we are still gathering data. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

chaker
Contributor

If you are only using 1 pool, it makes no difference. So long as you have a pool configured, that's all that is needed.

Pool's are used to assign different indexing volumes to different indexers. If all your indexers should be indexing data equally, then a single pool, either auto-generated, or manually created is all you need.

Have a read over this if you have not already:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Admin/Createalicensepool

View solution in original post

chaker
Contributor

If you are only using 1 pool, it makes no difference. So long as you have a pool configured, that's all that is needed.

Pool's are used to assign different indexing volumes to different indexers. If all your indexers should be indexing data equally, then a single pool, either auto-generated, or manually created is all you need.

Have a read over this if you have not already:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.1/Admin/Createalicensepool

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...