Installation

404 not found error after the upgrade of the Windows infrastructure app

corti77
Communicator

Running Splunk 8.1.4 and Splunk app for Windows Infrastructure 2.0.1. I tried to upgrade to 2.0.4 and after restart splunk service I get the error 404 when I try to access the App.

checking splunkd.log I see the following:

ERROR PropertiesMap - Cannot open: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_windows_infrastructure\default\data\ui\html\customize_features.html: The system cannot find the path specified.
09-03-2021 15:00:03.577 +0200 ERROR PropertiesMap - Cannot open: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_windows_infrastructure\default\data\ui\html\guided_setup.html: The system cannot find the path specified.
09-03-2021 15:00:03.577 +0200 ERROR PropertiesMap - Cannot open: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_windows_infrastructure\default\data\ui\html\host_information.html: The system cannot find the path specified.
09-03-2021 15:00:03.577 +0200 ERROR PropertiesMap - Cannot open: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_windows_infrastructure\default\data\ui\html\infra_home.html: The system cannot find the path specified.
09-03-2021 15:00:03.577 +0200 ERROR PropertiesMap - Cannot open: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_windows_infrastructure\default\data\ui\html\lookup_builder.html: The system cannot find the path specified.
09-03-2021 15:00:03.577 +0200 ERROR PropertiesMap - Cannot open: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_windows_infrastructure\default\data\ui\html\lookup_migrator.html: The system cannot find the path specified.
09-03-2021 15:00:03.577 +0200 ERROR PropertiesMap - Cannot open: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_windows_infrastructure\default\data\ui\html\windows_host_inventory.html: The system cannot find the path specified.
09-03-2021 15:00:03.577 +0200 ERROR PropertiesMap - Cannot open: C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc\apps\splunk_app_windows_infrastructure\default\data\ui\html\windows_perfmon.html: The system cannot find the path specified.

Checking the file system, the folder html is not present . could someone explain me what is happening?

thanks a lot

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Your app upgrade failed, and did not install all the required files under default.
check your file system permissions, maybe a write permission is lacking,

If the UI upgrade failed,  an alternative solution is to do a manual upgrade 

1.  stop splunk
  2.  get the windows app installer (.spl or .tar.gz)
  3. and manually untar it in your SPLUNK_HOME/etc/app folder (it should overrite your windows app folder)

4. verify that the html files are now present
  5. then restart splunk and retry.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

corti77
Communicator

I manually install the app and after restarting splunk, the folder finally appeared.

thanks a lot!

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Your app upgrade failed, and did not install all the required files under default.
check your file system permissions, maybe a write permission is lacking,

If the UI upgrade failed,  an alternative solution is to do a manual upgrade 

1.  stop splunk
  2.  get the windows app installer (.spl or .tar.gz)
  3. and manually untar it in your SPLUNK_HOME/etc/app folder (it should overrite your windows app folder)

4. verify that the html files are now present
  5. then restart splunk and retry.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...