Getting Data In

Why I am getting this error "The search you requested could not be viewed"?

Mahi4rus
Explorer

i am receiving the splunk alerts from the mail  after that when i click on the "view result"  i am getting this error "The search you requested could not be viewed" but the alert owner (splunk admins) opened the same link its opened and result also visible from their end.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

rrovers
Communicator

I had the same issue. It was caused by a long saved search name. After cloning it too a shorter one it worked well. Thanks to the contributors of https://community.splunk.com/t5/Reporting/When-I-clicked-quot-view-results-quot-on-alert-mail-quot-T...

0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @rrovers What version of Splunk did you hit this bug with long search name and you couldn't view the search

0 Karma

rrovers
Communicator

@burwell, this was around the time we migrated to splunk 9 but I think this was still in splunk version 8.x.x.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

You need to modify schedule search permission who is generating this result, if you don't have permission then you need to ask Splunk Admin.

0 Karma

chungyuchen_us

I have granted read/write permission to everyone, but others are still not able to open the result link.

only the admin can open it

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

I suspect that you don't have permission to view that alert in splunk.

0 Karma

Mahi4rus
Explorer

can you please explaine me where do i change permissions  to avoid this error

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...