},
  "decisiones": [
    "aprobar",
    "declinar",
    "extraprimar"
  ],
  "exitoso": true
}

I want to filter those events where prospecto.id="1111" and i have tried two ways:

1. index=idx_eml_err | spath input=message | search prospecto.id="1111"
  2. index=idx_eml_err | spath input=message | where prospecto.id="1111"

Option 1 works well, but option 2 does not. Can somebody please explain me this behavior?

To have in mind, the next query works well: index=idx_eml_err | spath input=message | where idDeclaracion="abc123". The difference between the last query and 2, is that 2 is using the where with a nested field.

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@ivykp,

This should work for you

index=idx_eml_err | spath input=message |where 'prospecto.id'="1111"

where command returns only the results for which the eval expression returns true. These eval-expressions must be Boolean expressions, where the expression returns either true or false. In the json filed, by adding a ' around the field makes it as literal field name

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@ivykp,

This should work for you

index=idx_eml_err | spath input=message |where 'prospecto.id'="1111"

where command returns only the results for which the eval expression returns true. These eval-expressions must be Boolean expressions, where the expression returns either true or false. In the json filed, by adding a ' around the field makes it as literal field name

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...