Getting Data In

watched file not being indexed completely (data being indexed is truncated)

Conradj
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a file on a server that i want to index. I have an app that watches this file and indexes it.

The file contains an output of server metric data and is essentially in the format of "key = value","key = value" and so on.

This file gets overwritten with new data every 60s.

Recently I noticed that the some metrics were dropping off, i checked the file and it is complete. but when i check the source in Splunk i can clearly see that it has been truncated.

Nothing else on the server has changed. I have checked the logs on the universal forwarder, but I could not see anything that stood out.

ideas welcome!

C.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

How long are your events? If your events are many lines long, or a single line is very long, you may need to increase some limits. Here is a great entry that covers this:
Size limit for an event

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...