Getting Data In

ui_inactivity_timeout - web.conf

fisuser1
Contributor

has anyone successfully implemented user session timeouts on their SHC? We are experiencing users keeping multiple dashboards open, sometimes overnight, with multiple panels refreshing which is creating unnecessary load to the SHC. I've set the sessionTimeout to 15 minutes in the server.conf, however this does not seem to boot the user session since the dashboard refreshes every 5-10 minutes. Wondering if anyone had any success booting user sessions over 15-20 minutes due to inactivity by updating corresponding timeouts in the web.conf?

Possible solution?
web.conf
[settings]
tools.sessions.timeout = 15
ui_inactivity_timeout = 15

server.conf
[general]
sessionTimeout = 900s

joshualemoine
Path Finder

Same issues, with nearly the same settings. The only thing different in my settings are as follows:

web.conf
[settings]
tools.sessions.timeout = 15
ui_inactivity_timeout = 5

server.conf
[general]
sessionTimeout = 900s

As I understand it from the documentation, Splunk is SUPPOSED to kick them out after the sum of "tools.sessions.timeout + ui_inactivity_timeout," so in my case, 20-minutes, but it still lasts the default of 60-minutes. I've restarted splunkd, and ensured with btool that the settings are applied to the entire SHC. Not sure what to do and Compliance is pushing us to get this fixed!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...