Getting Data In

tsidx topologycruncy

baoctac

Sifting through the discussions about tsidx files, I still find myself confused on how these populate. Currently on my search head, there are 25GB in the tsidx/topologyCrunch directory. The only apps I have installed are Splunk App for AWS and Nessus. From the Settings > Report Acceleration Summary, no accelerations are configured.

My questions are: 1) how can i determine where these files are coming from, and 2) how do i go about removing them.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

These are coming from a tscollect command in one of your saved searches.

The saved search is probably called "topologyCronSearch".

To remove them, delete the saved search and restart OR disable the saved search and manually delete them from the file system. You should make sure you're not using anything related to the search first though. Most likely, Somewhere there is another search that's looking at these files. Removing the files will cause tstats commands that rely on them to begin failing.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

These are coming from a tscollect command in one of your saved searches.

The saved search is probably called "topologyCronSearch".

To remove them, delete the saved search and restart OR disable the saved search and manually delete them from the file system. You should make sure you're not using anything related to the search first though. Most likely, Somewhere there is another search that's looking at these files. Removing the files will cause tstats commands that rely on them to begin failing.

0 Karma

baoctac

Awesome! Thanks jkat54. I found a reference under a saved search with the reference to 'namespace=topologyCronSearch'. looks like this search (called Config: Topology Data Generator) was set up alongside the Splunk App for AWS App.

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

if this answered your question, please 'accept' it 🙂

0 Karma

baoctac

Done. Thanks!

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you give the full path to the folder in question please?

0 Karma

baoctac

Hi,
The full path is /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/tsidxstats/topologyCronSearch

Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...