Getting Data In

strangely Behaviuor with Sourcetype

anasshsa
Engager

I have installed a universal Forwarder on Microsoft Exchange Server and it had starting to send the data from the log files to Splunk Server. I have configured two types of Sourcetype (SEND,RECV) but strangely they became four (SEND,send-too_small,RECV,recv-too_small) and after that it had not indexed the data under SEND or RECV spurcetypes!!!!
I don't know why it's happing. Anyone have an idea!!

Thanks for help 🙂

0 Karma

PowerPacked
Builder

Hi

Splunk assigns that sourcetype to files which are having less than 100 lines or 100 events in file.

Check the PREFIX_SOURCETYPE in props.conf

Thanks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The "-too_small" suffix indicates Splunk has found data which it could not match to any provided sourcetype. Make sure you have defined a sourcetype for all of the events you expect to index. Share you props.conf settings here if you need help.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...