Getting Data In

/opt/ee_splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_essentials_8_2/default/app.conf' changed. in SHC

btshivanand
Path Finder

Hi all

Some how splunk_essentials_8_2 directopry got removed from this directory /opt/splunk/etc/apps .later i replicated this directory from other instance.But i see the below error.can some one help with this.

Validating installed files against hashes from '/opt/ee_splunk/splunk/splunk-8.2.0-e053ef3c985f-linux-2.6-x86_64-manifest'
File '/opt/ee_splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_essentials_8_2/default/app.conf' changed.
Problems were found, please review your files and move customizations to local

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Losde
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This is a known issue reported in this version, please verify the following information: SPL-208259, SPL-210931, SPL-211811
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.2/ReleaseNotes/KnownIssues

Workaround:
Copy splunk_essentials_8_2 into the deployer's $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/shcluster/apps.

0 Karma

Forseti_
Engager

I am having a similar issue but in my case the complete app gets removed from all shc members. I feel like removing the hash is more of a hack than a solution.

This is a default app that shouldn't be removed; seems like a bug to me.

0 Karma

aledantas2k12
Explorer

Hi mate.

It's the same issue. The whole app gets removed from all SHC members. It's a hack indeed, but only solution since the app got removed and there is no way to put it back without changing the hash.

Indeed. It's a bug...

codebuilder
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Instead of copying the directory over from another SH you should re-deploy the app via deployer.

----
An upvote would be appreciated and Accept Solution if it helps!
0 Karma

aledantas2k12
Explorer

Just delete following line: '/opt/ee_splunk/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_essentials_8_2/default/app.conf
From the splunk manifest in /opt/ee_splunk/splunk

Sometimes Apps created during the installation ( The ones that splunk keeps a manifest), if they get pushed by the SHC deployer,  the checksum can get modified when the members get it.

I had the same issue with this App and the only way I could get it working was by deleting the record...

The App booked a one way flight to Belize when I created the Search Head Cluster. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...