Getting Data In

once more about "File is binary or file encoding is not supported, only utf-8 encoded files are supported"

g_zolotaryov

Hello.
sorry for bitmaps but crazy interface doesnt allow me to put xml code

• local Splunk on Win 10, commands below run in WSL
  • alt text

• need to upload new

C:\Splunk\etc\apps\alert_schedule\lookups\schedule_maintenance_windows.csv
    file

using curl

curl -k -u admin:pass https://localhost:8089/servicesNS/admin/search/data/lookup-table-files -d eai:data='C:/Splunk/var/run/splunk/lookup_tmp/maintenance_windows_empty.csv' -d name=maintenance_windows_empty.csv

and getting error

<msg type="ERROR">File is binary or file encoding is not supported, only utf-8 encoded files are supported</msg>

just for a case: maintenance_windows_empty.csv file is empty, it is neither ASCII nor UTF-8 (and not a binary of cause!!!)

please advice! 🙂

0 Karma

horst_poehlmann
Explorer

I had a similar problem. In my case it turned out to be the fact that we changed the user that the splunk process was running under, so it could no longer access the lookup file in the lookup_tmp directory. The error message was totally misleading, but after changing the ownership of the lookup file to match the Splunk username, it worked again.

So in your case, make sure that the splunk process has access to "C:/Splunk/var/run/splunk/lookup_tmp/maintenance_windows_empty.csv"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...