Getting Data In

mvcombine ignores specified delimiter

markwymer
Path Finder

My apologies for the duplicated question - I wasn't sure whether I could tag my particular situation re- mvcombine not using the delimiter when specified.

The search I'm using is
* | stats list(Logon_Source_IP) AS IPList | mvcombine delim=" OR " IPList

what I was hoping to get is (example)
192.10.0.4 OR 192.11.4.23 OR 192.15.12.13

what I'm actually getting back is:
192.10.0.4 192.11.4.23 192.15.12.13

i.e. no delimiter

Any ideas? I did notice that, in another post, someone had used
* | stats delim=" OR " list(Logon_Source_IP) AS IPList
but that ignored the delimiter too.

Any ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

markwymer
Path Finder

Hi,

Not sure whether this is a bug or a documentation issue - either way I'm unable to raise a support case as, technically, we're still doing a POC on Splunk.

However, after a phone call and a bit more hunting I came across this document..... http://answers.splunk.com/answers/102260/delim-argument-in-stats-function-no-longer-supported.html - and this answer works perfectly.

My search is now:
* | stats delim=" OR " list(Logon_Source_IP) AS IPList | mvcombine IPList
which gives me the results I'd hoped for.

View solution in original post

markwymer
Path Finder

Hi,

Not sure whether this is a bug or a documentation issue - either way I'm unable to raise a support case as, technically, we're still doing a POC on Splunk.

However, after a phone call and a bit more hunting I came across this document..... http://answers.splunk.com/answers/102260/delim-argument-in-stats-function-no-longer-supported.html - and this answer works perfectly.

My search is now:
* | stats delim=" OR " list(Logon_Source_IP) AS IPList | mvcombine IPList
which gives me the results I'd hoped for.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...