Getting Data In

java problem with active-directory

perlish
Communicator

I want to use the splunk app for active directory.I have installed the central splunk instance and ad app in two systems,one is win2008,the other is centos 6.2.But I come across problems within two system.The following is details:
1、win 2008 system
JAVA VERSION:java version "1.7.0_45"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_45-b18)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode)
PROBLEM:The ad app can't load my domain information,and when I use the "Group Audit",it reports errors like "External search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1.ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException: null"

2、Centos 6.2 system
JAVA VERSION:java version "1.7.0_45"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_45-b18)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode)
PROBLEM:The app can load my domain information,but when I use "Group Audit",it report errors like External"search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1.ERROR: com.unboundid.ldap.sdk.LDAPException: Unable to establish a connection to any server in the fastest connect set because connection attempts failed in all servers."

I think all these is because the java ,but how can I solve them?
0 Karma

Adrian
Path Finder

I would start by reviewing this troubleshooting section of the documentation related to the Splunk App for AD.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...