Getting Data In

inputcsv match anywhere

reed_kelly
Contributor

I have a list of usernames in a CSV file. I want to find any events that contain any of these usernames in _raw. I cannot guarantee that there is a field called user or affected_user for every event, so I want to match anywhere in the string. If I try the following, it only matches for the first user:

.. [ inputcsv userlist.csv |return $user ]

but this only matches on the first user in the list.

Does anyone know how I can match any of the users (words) in a list?

This should be the same whether I am using inputcsv or inputlookup.

0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend
... [inputcsv userlist.csv | rename user as query | fields query]

"query" (or "search" if you prefer, has same effect) is a special field name that makes Splunk omit the 'field=value' formatting when returning from a subsearch.

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend
... [inputcsv userlist.csv | rename user as query | fields query]

"query" (or "search" if you prefer, has same effect) is a special field name that makes Splunk omit the 'field=value' formatting when returning from a subsearch.

reed_kelly
Contributor

Running 4.3.1 search head...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...