props.conf:

[ilookuptest]
TRANSFORMS-a = ilookuptest1
TRANSFORMS-b = ilookuptest2

transforms.conf:

[ilookuptest1]
INGEST_EVAL = pod="testpod1"

[ilookuptest2]
INGEST_EVAL= annotation=lookup("testlookup.csv", json_object("pod","pod"), json_array("annotation"))

lookup testlookup.csv:

pod,annotation
testpod1,testannotation1
testpod2,testannotation2

ingest data using:
curl -k http://192.168.208.5:8088/services/collector -H 'Authorization: Splunk f05eedbb-a706-427e-9606-baa3e8036411' -d '{"index": "test", "sourcetype": "ilookuptest", "event":"this is for testing ingest eval lookup12"}

props.conf and transforms.conf are located at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local .. lookup at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/lookups . 

I'm getting errors  in splunkd.log:
WARN CsvDataProvider - No valid lookup table file found for this lookup=testlookup
ERROR CsvDataProvider - The lookup table 'testlookup' does not exist or is not available.
ERROR pipeline - Runtime exception in pipeline=typing processor=regexreplacement error='Invalid function argument' confkey='source::http:test|host::192.168.208.5:8088|ilookuptest|'
ERROR pipeline - Uncaught exception in pipeline execution (regexreplacement) - getting next event

The event is not indexed...

When defining transforms.conf
INGEST_EVAL= annotation=lookup("testlookup", json_object("pod","pod"), json_array("annotation"))

I'm getting errors in splunkd.log:
WARN CsvDataProvider - Unable to find filename property for lookup=testlookup.csv will attempt to use implicit filename.

Event is indexed but not getting the value from the lookup. 

File is there, read permissions are set, "| inputlookup testlookup.csv" is displaying results.

Any hints or a working INGEST_EVAL using lookups example?

Best Regards,

Andreas
Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

schose
Builder

a working transforms.conf:

[ilookuptest1]

[ilookuptest2]
INGEST_EVAL= annotation=json_extract(lookup("testlookup.csv",json_object("pod",pod), json_array(annotation)),"annotation")

WARN CsvDataProvider - Unable to find filename property for lookup=testlookup.csv will attempt to use implicit filename.

still there, but working.

Regards,

Andreas

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Karma

schose
Builder

a working transforms.conf:

[ilookuptest1]

[ilookuptest2]
INGEST_EVAL= annotation=json_extract(lookup("testlookup.csv",json_object("pod",pod), json_array(annotation)),"annotation")

WARN CsvDataProvider - Unable to find filename property for lookup=testlookup.csv will attempt to use implicit filename.

still there, but working.

Regards,

Andreas
Tags (1)
0 Karma

tah7004
Path Finder
Hi, do you know what made it work for you? I get the same WARN message, but not the error and I think my configuration is similar. I tried placing the lookup file in both the app and system/lookup directory on my indexers.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...