Getting Data In

http event collector interval where to set

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hello,

I am using HTTP Event collector for one of the sources. And currently the data is getting indexed every Monday that is weekly once. Where can i change this interval settings ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HTTP event collector is using push mechanism from the application side. So it should be configured in the source application/program from where the data is coming

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HTTP event collector is using push mechanism from the application side. So it should be configured in the source application/program from where the data is coming

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Thanks for your reply @renjith_nair 

So may be on the source server from where the data is coming from the curl command with the specific token information would be there right. So may be its using a cron to run the curl to run weekly ?

Is my understanding correct ?

Also on another note can we have the HEC configured on HF instead of Searchhead ?

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Yes that is correct.

HEC is "instant" so it will be the source server sending the data weekly.  Your idea about a cron/curl job being scheduled sounds like you are on the right track!

Yes you can run HEC on a HF rather than the SearchHead - I would suggest that is a better solution.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...