Getting Data In

how to restore data from a frozen/archived bucket?

ahmedzard
Explorer

i have the frozen data archived in this path" /nfs-storage/frozen_path/cisco_asa/ " and when tried to restore it in splunk again i copied the bucket from this path to the thawed path using this command:

[root@eib-siem cisco_asa]# cp -r db_1530576360_1530222901_40 /nfs-storage/thawed_path/cisco_asa/

and when tried to run the rebuild command give me the following output:
[root@eib-siem cisco_asa]# splunk rebuild /nfs-storage/thawed_path/cisco_asa/db_1530576360_1530222901_40
-bash: splunk: command not found

so i tried to run it as follow:
[root@eib-siem ~]# cd /opt/splunk/bin/
[root@eib-siem bin]# ./splunk rebuild /nfs-storage/thawed_path/cisco_asa/db_1530576360_1530222901_40
USAGE: splunk rebuild [] [--ignore-read-error] [--no-log]
Please see 'splunk fsck' for more options. This command is just a wrapper for 'splunk fsck'.

Redirecting to 'splunkd fsck' with args:
repair --one-bucket --include-hots --bucket-path=/nfs-storage/thawed_path/cisco_asa/db_1530576360_1530222901_40 --log-to--splunkd-log
ERROR ProcessTracker - (subchild_43__RollFixMetadata) IndexConfig - Asked to check if idx= is an index with a remote storage, but that index does not exist on the system or is disabled
INFO Fsck - (entire bucket) Rebuild for bucket='/nfs-storage/thawed_path/cisco_asa/db_1530576360_1530222901_40' took 149.3 seconds

can anyone help me to solve this error????!!!!....

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

ahmedzard
Explorer

I followed this document before posting this question and faced the above error, thanks for your help

0 Karma

Super Champion

Try these instruction mentioned in this post-
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/80882/corrupted-bucket-journal.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...