Getting Data In

how do i get splunk to recognise timestamp of my log

deepthi5
Path Finder

I have a time stamp logged into my my SNMP log like the below

[6844 0502 083830508 SNMP] BAXSnmpSTTWorker::HandleSystemOperatorEvent(), Entering supervisor (\SNMP\STT) // BAXS04202.CPP(164)

[6844 0502 083830508 SNMP]-->In this 0502 is my Month and date followed by 08:HH 38:MM 30:SS 508 :ms how do i tell splunk to understand this as timestamp while indexing my log into SPLUNK

Thanks
Deepthi

Tags (2)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

please try this stanza in props.conf:

[host::hostname]
    TIME_PREFIX = \[d{4}
    TIME_FORMAT = %m%d %H%M%S%Q

Best Regards,
Sekar

deepthi5
Path Finder

I have tried the same in props.conf but using [sourcetype] but was not successful

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi Deepthi, may i know your props.conf please. are you using line_breaks and other things?!?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

And if the props.conf was setup on Indexer/Heavy Forwarder and was restarted after making the change? Also, it'll only work for any new data that'll come after you made the change.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...