Getting Data In

how can I set line breaking for no of files having same extension in different folders under one sorce folder

john
Communicator

All the below folders are from same source
eg:source="parent\\.\*."

folder name fileextension linebreaking
04/04/12 x.log Breaking on date for x
y.log Breaking on some string for y
z.log another line breaker for z

05/04/12 x.log Breaking on date for x

y.log                 Breaking on some string for y

................so on
Please tell me the procedure how to configure both props and input.config or any other config files for the same.

Props.cofig
Source::....
sourcetype=...
[sourcetype]
linebreaking

input.cofig
monitor::/parent
priority=1
crcs...

This is my props and input.config files.How to create sourcetype for different files in a same folder instead of creating soucetype for each file seperatly in Datainputs.If we create source type mnually through datainputs then only splunk will identify the sourcetype or what?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

One way to solve it;

inputs.conf

[monitor:///parent/a/*.log]
sourcetype=type_a

[monitor:///parent/b/*.log]
sourcetype=type_b

props.conf

[type_a]
BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE_DATE = true

[type_b]
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]+)your_other_string_to_break_before

Hope this helps,

Kristian

0 Karma

john
Communicator

Thanks kristian,sorry i forgot to mention that iam having same x.log extension file on other folder also i mean iam getting log on basis of each date.And iam copy that to one folder like Parent folder having

a,d,c folder all files having same extension and same line breaking.Please check i have edited my queries.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...