Getting Data In

Would Splunk Cloud consider adding an alternative DNS provider to their list of Name Services in case of widespread DNS issues?

jstacey_intuit
Explorer

The splunkcloud.com domain uses Dyn as the DNS provider. It's been widely published that today (Oct. 21, 2016) Dyn is experiencing widespread issues due to DDoS attacks; https://www.dynstatus.com.

Given this info, would Splunk consider adding an alternative DNS provider to their list of Name Servers to provide some insulation from widespread DNS issues?

Also, I would love to see a "Service/Status Health" page for Splunk Cloud, against which we could subscribe to for pro-active alerting.

alt text

Tags (2)
1 Solution

sugupta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Apologies for the inconvenience. We are evaluating our options to improve DNS resiliency. Unfortunately there is no short term fix. We also agree on service health monitoring. We are working on it.

View solution in original post

sugupta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Apologies for the inconvenience. We are evaluating our options to improve DNS resiliency. Unfortunately there is no short term fix. We also agree on service health monitoring. We are working on it.

jstacey_intuit
Explorer

Looks better, thanks!

alt text

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...