Getting Data In

Windows perfmon stats

redsox07928
Path Finder

Does anyone have a sample stanza for inputs.conf for capturing Windows perfmon stats such as CPU utilization, memory utilization and disk utilization?  I was hoping the stanza would include the actual counters and such.  Just looking for the basics.  I could not find any good baseline samples.

Thank you very much!

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

anilchaithu
Builder

@redsox07928 

Please refer Splunk Add-On for Microsoft Windows. It has many inputs. You can deploy this add-on as is OR you can tweak the input parameters per the use case.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742/

Sample perfmon stanza for CPU

[perfmon://CPU]
counters = % Processor Time; % User Time; % Privileged Time; Interrupts/sec; % DPC Time; % Interrupt Time; DPCs Queued/sec; DPC Rate; % Idle Time; % C1 Time; % C2 Time; % C3 Time; C1 Transitions/sec; C2 Transitions/sec; C3 Transitions/sec
disabled = 0
instances = *
interval = 10
mode = multikv
object = Processor
useEnglishOnly=true
index = index_name

-- Hope this helps

View solution in original post

anilchaithu
Builder

@redsox07928 

Please refer Splunk Add-On for Microsoft Windows. It has many inputs. You can deploy this add-on as is OR you can tweak the input parameters per the use case.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742/

Sample perfmon stanza for CPU

[perfmon://CPU]
counters = % Processor Time; % User Time; % Privileged Time; Interrupts/sec; % DPC Time; % Interrupt Time; DPCs Queued/sec; DPC Rate; % Idle Time; % C1 Time; % C2 Time; % C3 Time; C1 Transitions/sec; C2 Transitions/sec; C3 Transitions/sec
disabled = 0
instances = *
interval = 10
mode = multikv
object = Processor
useEnglishOnly=true
index = index_name

-- Hope this helps

redsox07928
Path Finder

thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...