Getting Data In

Windows perfmon stats

redsox07928
Path Finder

Does anyone have a sample stanza for inputs.conf for capturing Windows perfmon stats such as CPU utilization, memory utilization and disk utilization?  I was hoping the stanza would include the actual counters and such.  Just looking for the basics.  I could not find any good baseline samples.

Thank you very much!

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

anilchaithu
Builder

@redsox07928 

Please refer Splunk Add-On for Microsoft Windows. It has many inputs. You can deploy this add-on as is OR you can tweak the input parameters per the use case.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742/

Sample perfmon stanza for CPU

[perfmon://CPU]
counters = % Processor Time; % User Time; % Privileged Time; Interrupts/sec; % DPC Time; % Interrupt Time; DPCs Queued/sec; DPC Rate; % Idle Time; % C1 Time; % C2 Time; % C3 Time; C1 Transitions/sec; C2 Transitions/sec; C3 Transitions/sec
disabled = 0
instances = *
interval = 10
mode = multikv
object = Processor
useEnglishOnly=true
index = index_name

-- Hope this helps

View solution in original post

anilchaithu
Builder

@redsox07928 

Please refer Splunk Add-On for Microsoft Windows. It has many inputs. You can deploy this add-on as is OR you can tweak the input parameters per the use case.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742/

Sample perfmon stanza for CPU

[perfmon://CPU]
counters = % Processor Time; % User Time; % Privileged Time; Interrupts/sec; % DPC Time; % Interrupt Time; DPCs Queued/sec; DPC Rate; % Idle Time; % C1 Time; % C2 Time; % C3 Time; C1 Transitions/sec; C2 Transitions/sec; C3 Transitions/sec
disabled = 0
instances = *
interval = 10
mode = multikv
object = Processor
useEnglishOnly=true
index = index_name

-- Hope this helps

redsox07928
Path Finder

thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...