Getting Data In

Windows Last Logon

Ed_Alias
Path Finder

Hi,

i'm trying to make a request to get the last logon for each users in my windows infrastructure;

i have a simple request for now :

host=* EventCode=4624

i can't find a time stamp for events, how do i get event time ?

a second need would be to only keep in report the last "time"

Thanks for comunity advises 😃

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

alterdego
Path Finder

This should give you something more along the lines of what you were looking for:
EventCode=4624 | dedup ComputerName | table ComputerName _time

Not exactly what you asked for but to get more useful results you might want to also examine the Account_Name, Security_ID and Logon_Type fields.

View solution in original post

alterdego
Path Finder

This should give you something more along the lines of what you were looking for:
EventCode=4624 | dedup ComputerName | table ComputerName _time

Not exactly what you asked for but to get more useful results you might want to also examine the Account_Name, Security_ID and Logon_Type fields.

Ed_Alias
Path Finder

i guess you are right i already red that splunk is not very friendly to non english logs ... i 'll try your workaround

0 Karma

alterdego
Path Finder

As I read it "Nom du compte " is being passed to the table command as a string and not a field.

If I wasn't getting the fields in the table I wanted I would try something like:
EventCode=4624 sourcetype="WinEventLog:Security" ComputerName!="*$" | dedup ComputerName | table *
which should create a table with all the fields. From that I would identify the columns I wanted to keep and use the filed values after the table command to create the final version.

Ed_Alias
Path Finder

hey, i'm almost getting the report as i want : )

when i extract as a CSV i only get _time field, here is my request :

EventCode=4624 sourcetype="WinEventLog:Security" NOT "Nom du compte "="*$" | dedup "Nom du compte " | table "Nom du compte " _time

0 Karma

alterdego
Path Finder

The _time field is the internal time stamp that Splunk assigns to an event.
This should provide more insight:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Knowledge/Usedefaultfields
Good Luck!

0 Karma

Ed_Alias
Path Finder

That seems to be what i'm looking for : )

what does the "_time" stands for ? it takes a timestamp of field ?

0 Karma

PPape
Contributor

Maybe you should take a look on this:
https://apps.splunk.com/app/1448/

I think this App fits for you.

0 Karma

Ed_Alias
Path Finder

thanks i'll check that app 😃

but i still would like to have a request to do that

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...