Getting Data In

Windows: Installed Splunk Enterprise but cannot launch

vanderl3

I installed the Enterprise version for Windows, but when I try to launch it, I get:

"Not Found HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found."

What am I doing wrong and how can I get it running?

I'm trying to take an online course and there is no help in the course for installation issues.

Thanks!

0 Karma

ahnaf
Engager

Hi,

@martynoconnor  solution worked for me. 

Best Regards

0 Karma

evania
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @vanderl3 ,

Did you have a chance to check out an answer? If it worked, please resolve this post by approving it! If your problem is still not solved, keep us updated so that someone else can help you.

Thanks for posting!

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vanderl3,

• From $SPLUNK_HOME\bin, launch cmd with Administrator privileges.
  • Run splunk start (This will start all services of splunk, if any thing is not running correctly, like splunk web, this command will start that.
  • Within the machine, go to browser and go to "localhost:8000/". Check any page loads or not.
  • If you are not able to see splunk UI outside the Windows machine then firewall issues might be there.

Hope this steps helps!!!

0 Karma

martynoconnor
Communicator

HI there,

Can you check in services to see if Splunk is definitely running? You can access this by pressing Windows Key + R and then typing services.msc into the prompt and pressing return. Scroll down to the entry from Splunk and check that the process is running. If not already set, you can set the startup type to Automatic to ensure Splunk will start again after a server restart.

In addition to this, you can look in C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\log\splunk\splunkd.log to see what messages Splunk is logging about itself. This is normally a good place to start to get an idea of what the problem might be. Try those and come back to me with what your findings are and we can see about getting things going again.

Regards,

Martyn

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...