Getting Data In

Windows 2003 universal forwarder install failure

kmattern
Builder

I've been working on this for two days. I have an older Windows 2003 web server that I would like to forward IIS log files from. I have installed the universal forwarder 6.1.0 numerous times. Each time it fails with "Splunk Installer was unable to launch Splunk's First Time Run. Error Code: 128" complete error is listed below.

Any ideas?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SplunkUniversalForwarderInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 334
Date: 5/11/2014
Time: 11:51:15 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: MID-SOUTH
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 334 ) in Source ( SplunkUniversalForwarderInstaller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Splunk Installer was unable to launch Splunk's First Time Run.

Error Code: 128.

0 Karma

albertozanon

Same error, an old win2003 server machine refuses to install universal forwarder 6.1.3 with the same error code 128.

Any clue about this issue?

0 Karma

PeterChu
Explorer

As upper description with 6.1.1,6.1.5,6.2.1 universal forwarder, any official person can help?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...