Getting Data In

WinEventLog System

santiagn
Path Finder

hi question regarding the wineventlog system collection.

for some reason splunk is only displaying event code 7036. i have a 2004 code that i am trying to log and set an alert but it is not picking it up for some reason. i see that 7036 is an information type and 2004 is a warning. what can i do to get 2004 to log?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

santiagn
Path Finder

figured it out,

changed start_from from oldest to newest

and current_only from 0 to 1

View solution in original post

0 Karma

santiagn
Path Finder

figured it out,

changed start_from from oldest to newest

and current_only from 0 to 1

0 Karma

santiagn
Path Finder

update: im searching Last 30 days and its only logging today if that helps. 2004 event happened 10 days ago so i am not sure if the problem is that splunk is only logging todays events or if it can see any other events

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

please share your inputs stanza for winevenlog system
supposed to be something like that:
[WinEventLog://System]
disabled = 0
start_from = oldest
current_only = 0
checkpointInterval = 5
index = wineventlog
renderXml=false

0 Karma

santiagn
Path Finder

i only had disabled = 0 and my index, updated to what you mentioned and still no luck, only showing todays logs.

[WinEventLog://System]
disabled = 0
index=main
start_from = oldest
current_only = 0
checkpointInterval = 5
renderXml=false

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...