Getting Data In

[WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

althoffarick

Hello! I am having trouble uploading any files to Splunk using Add Data. This is the whole error message I am getting. 

HTTPSConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8089): Max retries exceeded with url: /services/indexing/preview?output_mode=json&props.NO_BINARY_CHECK=1&input.path=access_30DAY.log (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x0000000004E3AB88>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it')))

I have tried reinstalling, restarting computer, setting "Use a proxy server for your LAN" off on my Windows 7 Operating System, turning off windows firewall, clearing all my cookies, and tried uploading a few other files.

I entered "netsh winhttp show proxy" into my cmd prompt and received "Current WinHTTP proxy settings: Direct access <no proxy server>." I also entered netstat -an | find "8089" and the response is " TCP 0.0.0.0:8089, 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING".

I don't know if any of this is helpful, but if anyone is able to help I would greatly appreciate it. To the best of my knowledge, I'm not using a proxy server, but I don't really have any expertise in this area. I just want to upload a log file to Splunk.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...