Getting Data In

Will Splunk Mint Express for Xamarin iOS be updated to support Xamarin's new Unified API?

ccarlile
Engager

Will Splunk MINT Express for Xamarin iOS be updated to support Xamarin's new Unified API? Is there already a beta somewhere? Upgrading is a must for Xamarin developers, so without an update we have to remove Splunk MINT completely.

http://blog.xamarin.com/how-to-update-nuget-packages-for-64-bit/

Tags (4)
1 Solution

ppapadopoulos_s
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We are working on open sourcing new Xamarin SDKs that are essentially wrappers on top of our native offerings.

View solution in original post

ppapadopoulos_s
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We are working on open sourcing new Xamarin SDKs that are essentially wrappers on top of our native offerings.

ppapadopoulos_s
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

We have open sourced the Xamarin SDKs which are essentially wrappers on top of our native SDKs. You can find the source code at:

https://github.com/splunk/splunk-sdk-mint-xamarin-ios
https://github.com/splunk/splunk-sdk-mint-xamarin-android

However we don't offer support any more.

0 Karma

kunalthakkar

Hello,

The iOS project is not compile it gives error:

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/iOS/Xamarin.iOS.ObjCBinding.CSharp.targets: Error: Tool exited with code: 1. Output: /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/bin/smcs -debug -unsafe -target:library -nowarn:436 -out:'/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/obj/Debug/ios/temp.dll' -r:/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/9.2.1.51/lib/btouch/btouch-native.exe -r:'/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/System.dll' -r:'/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/Xamarin.iOS.dll' -r:'/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/System.Core.dll' -r:'/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/mscorlib.dll' -unsafe -r:'/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS/Xamarin.iOS.dll' -define:__MOBILE__;__IOS__;DEBUG  '/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/ApiDefinition.cs' '/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/StructsAndEnums.cs' -lib:/Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/Current/lib/mono/Xamarin.iOS 
/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/ApiDefinition.cs(250,10): warning CS0108: `SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.SPLJSONModel.Constructor(Foundation.NSDictionary, out Foundation.NSError)' hides inherited member `SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.SPLAbstractJSONModelProtocol.Constructor(Foundation.NSDictionary, out Foundation.NSError)'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended
/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/ApiDefinition.cs(228,10): (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)
/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/ApiDefinition.cs(253,10): warning CS0108: `SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.SPLJSONModel.Constructor(Foundation.NSData, out Foundation.NSError)' hides inherited member `SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.SPLAbstractJSONModelProtocol.Constructor(Foundation.NSData, out Foundation.NSError)'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended
/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/ApiDefinition.cs(231,10): (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)
/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/ApiDefinition.cs(256,16): warning CS0108: `SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.SPLJSONModel.ToDictionary' hides inherited member `SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.SPLAbstractJSONModelProtocol.ToDictionary'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended
/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/ApiDefinition.cs(234,16): (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)
Compilation succeeded - 4 warning(s)
   in Method: SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.FileClientDelegate::CreateDefaultDirectoriesAsyncWithCompletionBlock(System.Delegate)
   in Method: SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.FileClientDelegate::AndContents(System.String, System.String, System.Delegate)
   in Method: SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.FileClientDelegate::Contents(System.String, System.String, System.Delegate)
   in Method: SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.FileClientDelegate::AndCompletionBlock(System.String, System.Delegate)
   in Method: SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.FileClientDelegate::ReadLoggedExceptionsWithCompletionBlock(System.Delegate)
   in Method: SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.FileClientDelegate::AndFailureBlock(System.String, System.Delegate)
   in Method: SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.FileClientDelegate::CompletionBlock(System.String, System.Delegate)
   in Method: SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.RequestWorkerFacadeDelegate::GetLastCrashId(System.Delegate, SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.FailureBlock)
   in Method: SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.RequestWorkerFacadeDelegate::GetTotalCrashesNum(System.Delegate, SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.FailureBlock)
   in Method: SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.RequestWorkerFacadeDelegate::ClearTotalCrashesNum(System.Delegate, SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.FailureBlock)
warning BI1029: btouch: Internal error: CoreIsProtocolizedEventBacked unable to find property: Delegate on SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.BugSenseBase
/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/ApiDefinition.cs(262,16): warning CS0108: `SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.SPLJSONModel.ToDictionaryWithKeys(Foundation.NSArray)' hides inherited member `SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS.SPLAbstractJSONModelProtocol.ToDictionaryWithKeys(Foundation.NSArray)'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended
/Users/user/Projects/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS/ApiDefinition.cs(237,16): (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)
 (SplunkMint.Xamarin.iOS)

Help me to solve this.

0 Karma

JanZeman

Hello, can I ask what is the current state (mid October 2015)? I lost almost a day trying to get Splunk Mint to my Unified iOS project. Admitted I have rather Win/Android background but to my limited domain understanding there is no any NuGet package that enables Splunk Mint to be added to Unified project. Either the Nuget fails or it imports but does not add any dlls as references. Can you please give a hint? I have been using BugSense/Splunk for couple of years and would love to stick to that. The Xamarin discussion here: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/104059#Comment_104059 suggests using Insights instead. To me it seems there is not any real activity upon this request, only the promise as "Accepted Answer". Please correct me if I am wrong. Best regards, Jan

0 Karma

ccarlile
Engager

Starting to think the answer is no. Bummer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...