Getting Data In

Why is the progress bar stuck at 100% when trying to upload a a sample data file?

mohinder6

Hello! I'm new to Splunk. I'm trying to upload a sample data file. After I select the file, pass the input settings, and hit submit to upload, the progress bar is stuck at 100% for a long time. Any reason why this is happening? Appreciate some help.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

stephane_cyrill
Builder

Hi it may be this:

1-your file may have a problem
2-your file may be very heavy, in this case, be patien. I have had files that took me more than 30 minutes
3- you may have reached your indexing quota.

View solution in original post

stephane_cyrill
Builder

Hi it may be this:

1-your file may have a problem
2-your file may be very heavy, in this case, be patien. I have had files that took me more than 30 minutes
3- you may have reached your indexing quota.

mohinder6

You are right ! I guess there was some problem with the file. I uploaded some other file and it worked fine.
Thank You !

0 Karma

sairamaj

I had the same issue and realized that the space on the server was less than 5GB (Default 5GB is the free disk space required for indexing to work). I have changed my drive to different ( to D from settings where I have 10GB) but it did not work ( did not try restarting splunk which I should have tried). I uninstalled (as I am trying the splunk on vm) and reinstalled on D and upload worked as expected.

0 Karma

fdi01
Motivator

it is ok continu to wait.
you no have problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...